Sunday, August 24, 2014

Beach Family Reunion 2014


A picture I happened to get of some random kids playing down the beach.
I love how it turned out. 

Every year we go to the beach for a reunion with my husbands extended family. It was the perfect end to our summer break.

Traveling this year was different in many ways for us as a family. I didn't need to pack the big items like, the playpen, high chairs, baby gate or even sippy cups. Although, diapers and wipes were still on the list.


Our kids slept better and played better and even handled the new environment better. It just felt like we had moved up a notch when it came to the ease of traveling.

Our view from the 4th floor. 

Another view off to the left.

We got creative this year. While the two oldest girls slept on the hide-a-bed in the living room, the three littles slept in the extra bedroom. How do you fit three kids on a queen size bed you might ask? Well, this worked wonders!

Every year I intend to bring the guard rail for the bed and every year I manage to forget, and survive with out it. 
They each had their own blanket from home because I knew if they shared a big blanket there would be a lot of pulling and fussing. I put the extra bed pillows on the floor, just in case. :) We wore them out so much on the beach and with all of the fun after dinner that they slept great! Both nights! This was the best vacation sleep we have ever had. :) 

Another fun view in the morning. We had perfect weather. I loved the fog. 

Captain at the play ground! 

Toes! 

The girls loved the tire swing. They thought it was so neat that there was a spot for each of them. :) 

This sweet boy of mine used to be terrified of the sand. He wouldn't set one foot on it. However this year he had such a wonderful time playing on the beach. 

My youngest daughter literally ran in circles on the beach. She was so excited.  She made sand angels and yelled "cannon ball!" and threw herself into the sand. I am amazed that there was no crying from sand in their eyes, especially since I watched them rub their face with their hands covered in it. (I always pack a water bottle just in case we need to rinse out eyes or their mouth. )
 
The kids all played so well in the sand on this trip. We brought some fun toys and trucks and we spent the longest time on the beach with no meltdowns. Just fun quiet play. Their papa buried them in sand, the boys made holes and hills for their trucks and my husband made his annual sand castle (with the kids helping of course).

A picture of a seagull, just because. 

The weather was so crazy, sunny then foggy, then a little sun, next a little fog. 

My little guy was SO happy to play with his trucks. He sat in the same spot surrounded by his toys for most of the afternoon. :) 

One of my favorites...watching the waves. 

Such a sweet picture of my husband and oldest daughter. 

This was a fun picture of most of our group. The fog had rolled in.

Overall, we had such a good time. It was fun to catch up with our relatives and end the summer on a high note. Now I should get back to all of that laundry. So. Much. Laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment