Saturday, October 19, 2013

It's that time of year again...


My sweet little 4 year old Mia is sick. I spent my morning in the bathroom with my little girl as she threw up. I think this is the first time it happened in the morning instead of the middle of night. Although last night she was not feeling well, her head hurt and she had a low fever. :(

So cuddled up on the chair this morning she tells me how scared she is about throwing up and as I tucked her under her blanket and pillow she asked me to pray for her. We prayed for God to help her feel better and for her not to have fear.

She was so worried about throwing up on Daddy's shirt. :) She loves to wear my husbands shirts to bed. They practically go down to her feet and her wrists but it is sweet to see her walk around in them. So as she felt sick to her stomach she was so worried she would throw up on his shirt. It was so sweet but I let her know that it was not a big deal at all. :)

Less than 45 min later we headed to the bathroom and thankfully I had a bowl in my hands because we didn't make it. Rubbing her back and trying to stay calm myself I told her she was doing a good job and to breathe through her nose. We made our way to the bathroom and sat on the floor. 

Something about being sick makes my little Mia become a chatter box. We have some of the sweetest moments. She started rambling on and told me that she was so glad we prayed because God helped her be brave and get all the yuckies out. :) She said she was so glad that God figured out what to do to help her, "He thinks faster than a tiger, no a cheetah. Yeah cheetah's are faster than tigers."

She is so matter of fact when she talks and I love it. 

Coming from a life time of fear when it comes to anything related to vomit I try really hard not to put that same fear on my kids. I tend to be very logical about it and I let her know that it is her body telling her that something yucky has to come out. So she said after she felt better, "I am glad my body told me what it was thinking, that all the yuckies needed to come out." 

I could think of better ways to spend my Saturday, sitting next to the toilet wasn't really on my list. In fact I had plans today to attend an event that comes but once a year. My husband happens to be working today and here I am with the kids. 

Even though I hate that she is sick I have loved hearing her heart for Jesus. She loves Him so much and is always so quick to pray. How great it is that God has given her a passion for prayer at such a young age. I can't wait to see how He uses that passion as she grows. It has already impacted me, I can't wait to see how it impacts others. 

Thankful for sweet moments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment