Wednesday, October 2, 2013

One Year Anniversary to my sweet boy!



Our youngest boy has officially been in our home (for the second time) one year as of yesterday. I picked him up from the hospital at 2 days old and we had him for a short two months. He came back into our family when he was 16 months old and has been with us ever since.


Thinking back to what the last year has brought for our family I can see just how far we have come. SO MUCH change has happened but I know God has put us right where He wants us to be.

Looking back on how far my sweet boy has come I think I spent the last year stressing about the little things and I forgot that it takes time. Time to work on attachment. Time to get past anger and frustration in a child that has had so much change in his life. Time to help him communicate with both visual and oral cues. Time to let his guard down.

This morning I was able to spend some one on one time with my little guy while the other kids are in school.  I see him laugh and play and for the first time at 2 1/2 years old, he tried to get my attention by calling me "Mom." My heart melted as I realized the magnitude of the moment.

He also asks me to pick him up so he can sit in my lap! He has never done that! I always had to initiate our cuddling time and hope he was interested. He has turned into a boy who loves to give me kisses in the morning and leans on my shoulder for no reason. I feel such joy today and very thankful for these blessings God has given me. Thankful for the promises that there is more to come. Thankful for the reminders that it takes time.

So one year of our family being complete with our youngest child and we are going to celebrate with having a major paper snow ball fight when my husband gets home! Because it is Wacky Wednesday at our house!

Thank you Lord for the reminders that come through as kisses and snuggles. Help me Lord remember you are in control and you are a mighty loving God who will loves us.

Sweet boy of mine,
I am so blessed to be your Mommy! I love watching you grow and thank God every day you are in my life! Praise God for choosing us to be family.

No comments:

Post a Comment